Monday, May 6, 2013

Italian Chicken Pasta

So, no matter how hard I try to be organized and have a plan for dinner....sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.  Sometimes I realize at 4:45 that I haven't taken out anything to thaw or even given a thought to what I will prepare.  I'm sure that none of you have ever experienced this lack of preparation or planning, right?  Well...some pretty great recipes have been born out of these times at our house.  These are the times when I just start grabbing things from the pantry and throwing them together haphazardly until they make a dish.  This past week, I accidentally came up with a pretty great Italian Chicken Pasta that everyone has been begging for more of.  I just had to share it with you!

Here's what you need:
1 bag Penne pasta
2 cans white chunk chicken
1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 15 ounce can italian fire roasted tomatoes
1 small can mushroom pieces

Yes, I know...canned everything!  That is what happens when you don't plan ahead.

Here's what you do.

Start out by preparing your penne pasta according to package directions.  Drain and set aside while you
Arprepare the sauce.  In a large, deep skillet, mix together chicken, tomatoes, Italian tomatoes, and mushrooms.  Heat until boiling.  Add noodles to skillet and continue cooking until bubbly.  Add cheese if desired and serve.

That was pretty easy, right?!?!  Now look at the yummy results!






I have already added this recipe to my next shopping/menu list.  The kids and husband gobbled it up!  We had just enough for lunch the next day for the babies and me.

I hope your family enjoys this as much as we did!












                                     
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these spoons!  The one pictured is from this set.  They just fit your hand really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment